Monday, September 3, 2012

Countdown

COUNTING CALORIES


Use this website to find out how much calories you need to cut and keep a tight leash on it. Every product maker needs to give you the calorie break up on the packet so look at it before buying.
     For example today, I picked up an egg sandwich thinking I should eat proteins for breakfast (Tick check box) but what I failed to realize was that Mayo was the topping (Cross check box), which in the end had given me double the calories than what I expected I would get.
     Sometimes, we assume what we eat is healthy but it is not. Worth taking a double look before buying.
     If you don't want that Dorritos packet giving you the inviting, seductive look then stop buying it. - Read it in some article in a random website and paraphrased it.
     Be consistent. For at least the next 6 months, eating healthy should become a lifestyle not an one-off event. That means not eating over the weekend. You hold back on the calories through the week and plunge into an eat-all-you-can buffet then you gain all the calories you lost over the last five days. It is just counter productive. I realized that is what I am doing and I am going to phase it out of my life.
     This is more of a ramble to myself than telling you guys what to do. But it helps penning it down. Also bought a book for myself and started to note down what I ate and how I felt afterwards, if at all I had any emotion about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment