Friday, August 10, 2012

the Gas system


Is it me or is there more gas in your tummy after eating salads?

My office has been relatively quiet as most of our reporters are working from home. London transport authorities sufficiently scared the bejeesus out of most of the Londoners saying that public transport systems would be packed with tourists and Olympic goers. (I have had the best commute since I joined Platts, Canary Wharf last year - getting a seat to sit in peak morning hours was a dream)

My point being, my tummy whines with gas and EVERYONE till Timbaktoo can hear it and it aint pretty!

It shuts up even the profanity spewing employee of the month at my office! Waaaiiil! I knew there was a downside to eating veggies. Any solution?

Help.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of water! I wanna post a few links here but don't want to research this at work. "Why are you reading up on gas Pavs? Lets not defile the work atmosphere Pavs!"

    Anyway...yes eating more veggies and legumes increases gas for a period of time...they say a few weeks.

    This is because the body is suddenly dealing with more rouphage that lets out more gas in digestion. In time the body gets used to it. Ways to deal - drink loads of water. Try not to have channa or rajma etc at night and get ajwain!

    put a teaspoon (even non crushed) into a 1/2 glass of warm water and gulp down - instant relief!

    I have tons at home Anu in case you want to take from me.

    But yes, I guess we'll be noisy, bloated and smelly for a little while till our body gets used to all this good health! ;-)

    ReplyDelete