Tuesday, August 14, 2012

When the Pizza Passed Away...

It died a silent death. 

D walked towards my small table on the terrace, and tapped my puny shoulder. Her plate smelled of heaven. Of all the temptations that life on earth is peppered with: A dominos barbeque chicken, cheese burst pizza. I love.

She pulled that vulnerable chair next to mine and plonked herself and politely held out my-ex-staple-diet, "Want some?" I gave it one hard look, a look its shiny, oreganoey, chickeny self, deserved. Some? I want every single inch. Never in my life have I felt so depraved.

I looked away, while the other half of my body revolted...a small mutiny later, I refused with a heavy heart..and a heavier belly.  And I sat there watching her slowly soak in its delectable beauty. 

This is so hard. But I just don't want to hate myself in a couple of hours. Small pleasure, HUGE pain.

So I let it die a not-so-natural-death.. RIP..You will be terribly missed...till I let myself conquer the desire to break-free. And I reach a place where food makes me happy, not guilty.
  
Dedicated to Pavithra and Anu...

PS: This is so hard and I am salivating..But say no now, so that you can give yourself a treat..a well deserved one. 



2 comments:

  1. Dammit! Why didn't you write this 30 minutes ago? When I had not bought mexican deliciousness...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry! Sorry! I was busy salivating in some deserted corner :)

    ReplyDelete