Thursday, August 16, 2012

Inner Beast

Hello ladies!

I understand that this post might seem a little out of place and context but bear with me while I explain myself..

What is the biggest tool in our hands at all times? huh? huh? Well the correct answer is introspection. And so I used that tool for the past few days. Do you know what happened?

Yes I did find my epiphany!

You see I've often wondered why exactly I can stick to healthy eating for a month but then totally slide after that whereas supermodels eat healthy all the bloody time! I've also wondered why when I love swimming I go regularly for about three months and then again slide for the rest of the year whereas people like my dad can keep at it every alternate day for 10 years consistently! This has been an underlying trend in everything I have ever attempted to do. Blogging...petered away when we all stopped, art - stuck to it for a month, piano - 6 months and the list goes on! :(

The answer is not something superficial such as motivation or interest or just needing the right information because I always had all of that. Deeper thought made me realise my true problem is that I am inherently lazy. I am. Harsh reality but I am. I don't do the dishes at night at times coz I'm too lazy and guess what there's nobody to tell me to toe the line. I don't do laundry for extended periods of time and sometimes I put off cleaning up. I am purely and simply lazy. And this trickles into every sphere of my life. Luckily I've found a profession that leads me to a new and exciting project every 3 months and I manage to stay on top of it. But if I didn't have that I'd never get to the end of anythng that took real effort, discipline and perseverance.

Each of our situations and real root problems is different. But I've identified mine and it is laziness. I've already started attacking this beast since the weekend like getting up to do 'it' no matter what like be it anything in any sphere. No more putting it off. And I think taming this beast will help me lead that healthy life I want to lead.

So what is your inner beast?

2 comments:

  1. Can we change the font of the core text of this blog to darker grey or black...I'm finding it really difficult to read the posts. Anyone else facing this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. very true pavitra..mine too is big time lazinezzz.. but in this account, not accepting the fact im over weight...denial :(

    ReplyDelete